Expedition & Alpine forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Alpine Club Survey 2

Dave Wynne-Jones on 09 Aug 2012
Well those of you who were following the previous thread on this topic will have realised that it was shut down. This confirms my impressions that the AC establishment is not keen on open debate or very good at ensuring that a diversity of views is given a fair hearing. That’s why I started the thread.

It seems that the AC has also closed down the survey a week early rather than analyse the results separately for members & non-members which was perfectly possible given the identification of participants by post code. Not a very positive response.

It is a pity that those of you who expressed your views in the thread have been denied the opportunity to continue the debate. Mick Fowler’s contribution was particularly welcome although the suggestion that these are private club matters just won’t wash. The AC is not just any other UK club. It represents British Alpinism on international committees including the UIAA with an equal voice to the BMC. If it's not going to listen to those non-members who care about British Alpinism then perhaps it should surrender that privileged position. Otherwise it should expect to be involved in legitimate public debate.

However those of you who still have concerns about the application procedure should contact the membership secretary via the AC website as he does a great job & will give you all the help he can.

I’ll be off to the Alps shortly so good luck with your Alpine adventures and “nil carborundum!”
... not showing 45 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums