REVIEW: Deuter Kid Comfort III Child Carrier

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKH Gear 23 Dec 2011
Heading round the back of Skiddaw, with the sun canopy open, 3 kbGear for walking with babies and toddlers: Dan Bailey tests out the Deuter Kid Comfort III Child Carrier rucksack.

Read more at http://www.ukhillwalking.com/gear/review.php?id=4322
 Darkskys 23 Dec 2011
In reply to UKH Gear: This looks a great piece of kit and just what I was looking for, for when the baby comes! I've been worried about not being able to get outside once its here but this looks fantastic.

In reply to Darkskys: Fear not, you can always get out. Just wrap the sprog up warm (they're not moving even though you're working hard) and remember spare nappies. Good luck...
 john_mx 26 Dec 2011
In reply to UKH Gear: I really don't see the point of taking a baby hill walking...
 Nutkey 26 Dec 2011
In reply to john_mx:
So what do you expect people to do if they have a baby, and want to go hill-walking?
In reply to john_mx: I guess we could just sit on our bums at home watching CBeebies but ours loves going out, and so do we. What other point is there?
 Michael Ryan 02 Jan 2012
In reply to john_mx:
> (In reply to UKH Gear) I really don't see the point of taking a baby hill walking...

I agree with Dan.

We used to do it every weekend when I lived in the Sierra Nevada in California. Every Sunday, we used to hike up to a high mountain pass...9,000ft or so: myself, Gabriella and Xavier our two year old who we carried in Kelty Child Carrier. It was great fun.

Then he got bigger and started to walk with us, for a little while, sometimes I had to put him on my shoulders.

He appreciates the mountains, he is now 17, as does my daughter who is 10, and we enjoyed together going up Mount Marcy this summer in the Adirondacks, a 14 mile or so round trip.

The point is enjoyment as a family in the mountains and they may when they are older have an appreciation for mountain wild places; a worthy activity.

All the best,

Mick
adamtc 02 Jan 2012
In reply to Darkskys: We bought one of these and have been very happy with it. It is very sturdy and comfortable to carry.
I was worried that outside life would end once the creature was born but he loves it.
Only down side now is he's big enough to reach my hair!
Pricey but we got an outrageous deal from Go Outdoors so its worth keeping your eyes open.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...