Government's Red Tape Challenge: Assault on Environment

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Pekkie 10 May 2011
Listed as 'negotiable' in this are:
* Climate Change Act
* Clean Air Acts
* Rules governing ozone-depleting chemicals
* Town & Country Planning Act
* Countryside & Rights of Way Act
* National Parks Acts
* Rules enforcing energy efficiency, governing hazardous waste, preventing litter and dog-fouling

And they call themselves the 'greenest government ever'.
 Coel Hellier 10 May 2011
In reply to Pekkie:

> Listed as 'negotiable' in this are:

Note: "This site is designed to promote open discussion of ways in which the *aims* *of* existing regulation can be *fulfilled* in the least burdensome way possible." (Added emphasis.)

And we've already done this one: http://www.ukhillwalking.com/forums/t.php?t=456773
OP Pekkie 10 May 2011
In reply to Coel Hellier:

Sorry, missed the discussion on here. Must have been when I was away. Yes, the government appears to be saying it's all down to reasoned discussion with the idea being to ease the burden on business. Well, yes, if you could show me a regulation that could be tweaked to make it possible for business to create jobs and wealth without negatively affecting the environment then point me to it. But then the Tories are the party of big business and are not to be trusted. Virtually every piece of legislation on the list had to be fought for against ruthless resistance led by them. This issue is so important that it deserves to be a continuing topic of discussion.
 Coel Hellier 10 May 2011
In reply to Pekkie:

> Yes, the government appears to be saying it's all down to reasoned discussion with the
> idea being to ease the burden on business.

Nowhere does it say that reducing the burden on business matters more than other factors.

> Virtually every piece of legislation on the list had to be fought for against ruthless resistance led by them.

A rather one-sided statement!
Jimbo W 10 May 2011
In reply to Coel Hellier:

> Note: "This site is designed to promote open discussion of ways in which the *aims* *of* existing regulation can be *fulfilled* in the least burdensome way possible."

That's what they said about the NHS too.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...